Wednesday, 30 April 2014
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
Monday, 28 April 2014
Thursday, 24 April 2014
Firstly, how cute is this picture!
Everybody goes through phases of being negative in their life, whether it's to do with school, family, friends, relationships... Anything, we can always put a bad spin on things in our heads if we're not having a good time in our lives. We need to start appreciating the things that we do have instead of dwelling on the things that we don't have. I for one definitely need to change the way I think about things some times.
Lorin at Curiously Lorin has set up a great idea of a Unicorn Campaign to get us to take more steps in life to be more positive in our everyday lives. The Unicorn Campaign is a symbol of happiness and will remind us to appreciate life a little more and to make us remember life doesn't always suck - It can be amazing. You just have to let it be amazing and yes, sometimes things go wrong but always try to look on the bright side.
To begin, 3 things that make me happy.
Family - I suppose we have never been the closest of families but as I've grown up I've realised they only want the best things in life for me. After making a lot of wrong decisions in my teenage years (and a few since), they have always been there, being supportive and helping me along the way.
Friends - Let's be honest I don't have many friends, I've always been a shy person so I didn't come out of school with many friends, just a small group who I don't talk to anymore. I have two best friends and they are the most amazing people and I'd rather have them in my life than lots of friends that I don't or can't trust.
My Mother - Now I know I've said family but my mom really is something special. She is the rock in our family; she can always make me smile no matter what has happened. She's done so much for my sister, my brother and I, and I don't think there is anything I could do in the world to thank her enough.
So, to join in and what to do.
Copy or save the unicorn button.
Share 3 things that make you happy and ask them to do the same.
Tag bloggers who you think would love to do this.
Send any pics, links to your efforts to Lorin via the comments to the Unicorn Campaign post.
My 3 bloggers I would love to see do this are...
Gemma at Cream Tea and Rose Jam
Amy at A Little Boat Sailing
Lu at The Ankalli Style
So exactly this time last year I did the Music tag. Now I know I haven't been tagged again but I love doing these and rediscovering my old favourite tunes. I tag you to do this post!
"You can learn a lot about someone from the music that they listen to. Hit shuffle on you're ipod/mp3 player and share the first 20 songs that play. No cheating or skipping songs that are shameful, that's the fun part!"
I shall be doing this on my itunes which has 2427 songs on it, so let's begin.
1. Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf - The Killers.
2. Circles - Passenger.
3. We Were Men - Theory of a Deadman.
4. Last of the American Girls - Green Day.
5. Who Feels Love? - Oasis.
6. Give You Up - Rudimental.
7. My Generation - Green Day.
8. Wanna Be Startin' Something - Michael Jackson.
9. Old Pine - Ben Howard.
10. Falling In - Lifehouse.
11. I knew I Loved You - Savage Garden.
12. Rain Man - Eminem.
13. The Bare Necessities - The Jungle Book.
14. Knee Socks - Arctic Monkeys.
15. The Devil's Den - Skrillex
16. It's Over When It's Over - Falling In Reverse.
17. Should've When You Could've - Skillet.
18. Violence - Blink 182.
19. King For A Day - Green Day.
20. Danger Line - Avenged Sevenfold.
"Answering the 12 music related questions"
1. What are your 5 favourite songs right now?Kiesza - Hideaway.
Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece Of Heaven.
Twitter . Instagram . Bloglovin
One Direction - I Would.
Coldplay - Magic.
Sigma - Nobody To Love.
2. Who are your favourite bands/artists of all time?
Still the same as last year, with the loss of Oasis and the adding of Angels and Airwaves.
Angels and Airwaves
3. What is the most played song on your itunes?
Drama Queen - Blink 182.
4. What was the last album you brought?
I haven't brought a CD in agess! The lastest one I had was brought for me which was Holiday Anthems.
5. What song can you not get out of your head?
I heard Gwen Steffani - Hollaback Girl earlier and I haven't been able to get rid of it out of my head since!
6. What was the last single you downloaded?
Coldplay - Magic. I love it!
7. What is your favourite band right now?
Green Day. Blink 182. Angels and Airwaves.
8. What is your favourite type of music?
Still anything. I just love music.
9. In your 25 most played list, what is number 10?
All That We Are - Angels and Airwaves. This song is so beautiful.
10. What was the first gig you ever went to?
11. What was the best gig you've ever been to?
Pink at Alton Towers. Perfect Day & Night.
12. If there was one band/album/song you would recommend to everyone reading, what would it be?
For this year I would definitely recommend Bastille - Bad Blood. It's such a great album & I love every single song.
You are all tagged to do this one :) I love reading them so if you do decide to do it leave a comment or let me know on Twitter!
Twitter . Instagram . Bloglovin
Wednesday, 23 April 2014
Using two Color Club polishes & Barry M - Pink Iridescent.
I thought I would do a cute glittery look. Manly because now I'm working, my nails take a battering and glitter polish is such a good way to keep polish on longer cause of how strong it is. So here we are, using a coat of the lighter Color Club polishes and two coats of the darker Color Club pink. Then using just one coat of the Barry M - Pink Iridescent. I think they turned out quite nice.
Twitter . Instagram . Bloglovin
Sunday, 20 April 2014
Happy Easter! Hope you've all had a lovely bank holiday.
I recently brought some nail wheels from Amazon - 10 for £1.66 - what a bargain! Although they are quite flimsy if you're looking for a sturdy nail wheel. But I thought I'd have a go at some Easter nail designs, some turning out better than others. So after spending all day watching Disney films and choking on nail polish fumes I finished my Easter designs. Hope you like.
Twitter . Instagram . Bloglovin
Monday, 7 April 2014
After spending hours (sometimes) you finally finish your new nail look, the next morning you wake up to find a chip. Most annoying thing ever! I decided to do a little research on how to prevent nail polish from chipping so easily and thought I'd share this with you. Some of the things seem so simple, yet so simple they can slip the mind.
Number 1 - Clean those hands.
- Whenever you start to paint your nails, make sure they are clean and dry. Having dirt and natural oils on your nails can mess with the polish staying on your nails which can add to the chipping or discolouration. So make sure you firstly remove your old nail polish with a good quality nail polish remover. Then wash your hands with normal soap and water to remove any dirt. Pat dry really well so your nails are dry.
Number 2 - Base coat.
- Always start your nails with a thin layer of a base coat to prep your nails.The base coat provides a nice smooth surface for the polish to lie on. Leave the base coat for a good 15 minutes, just to make sure it is completely dry before putting on your colour.
Number 3 - Thin coats.
- Now when applying your chosen polish, think thin. Apply a thin, light coat of polish first as when you apply big thick coats, it never gets time to dry properly and can also cause air bubbles, so thinner is always better in this case.
Number 4 - Extra time for the tips.
- When painting your nails, you may want to apply the polish a little thicker on the tips after all the tips of our nails get the most wear and tear throughout the day. Even curving the polish under your nail can make your polish stay on longer, all though can look a little messy.
Number 5 - Glitter and shimmer.
- Now of course you're not going to want to use a glitter or a shimmer polish all the time, but have you noticed how hard they are to remove? They are also great to stop your nails from chipping.
Number 6 - Top coat.
- Remember thinner is better when it comes to polish and this applies to the top coat too and remember to put a little extra on those tips.
- Be patient with drying time. Leave each coat at least 15 minutes.
- Moisturise your hands and cuticles. Dry cuticles won't help your polish to stay on.
- Purchase a good quality base and top coat.
- Keeping your nail polish in the fridge can prevent chipping.
- Most importantly, don't rush!
Friday, 4 April 2014
So we've been treated to a peek at some of the new things that Primark are coming out with this Spring and Summer and I'm loving a lot of the items. Obviously there are some I'm not too keen on but there are definitely a few I could get my hands on. You can see the full collection here. But above are a few of the items that are my favourite of them all.
The new beauty range by Primark is all very exciting too, I feel a little late on this band wagon as the PS Love range has now been out for a month but I cannot wait to try their new products out, as I've only heard good things about them.
Has anybody tried them out yet and can recommend any specific products?
Wednesday, 2 April 2014
Instagram - Vickilouisexo
My day of Disney & Nail art. Random Selfie. Oliver enjoying the sun. Teddy that I started to make, let's just say it didn't end well. St Patrick's Day Nails. Girly Nails. Getting excited about Reading! Movie day - The Cat Returns. Pub times with my girl. The bestest. Selfie. The new Mediterranen polish by Barry M. Chicken, salad wraps for dinner. First day of my new job.