Sunday 5 January 2014

Winnie the Pooh inspired nails.

When I was only a young'un Winnie the Pooh was my favourite thing in the whole wide world. He made me a very happy little person so I thought I would pay a tribute to my idol and do some Winnie the Pooh inspired nails...


 Image from Google.
  • Starting with covering the nails in a base coat and leaving them to dry.
  • Paint little finger a pale pink. Ring finger - a purpley blue. Middle finger - yellow. Index finger - a nude or very pale brown. Thumb - a sky blue. Leave to dry.




Nail polishes used - Color Club - 39. Collection 2000 - BMX Bandit.
 W7 - First class. Barry M - Nude. Color Club - 51.
  • Once nails are dry and had second coat if needed. Start off by using either a darker pink or a light purple to add stripes to the little finger nail to look like Piglet's stomach. 
  • On the ring finger, I firstly used a very pale pink to draw on a bow. Then outlined it with a black nail art pen to show off Eeyore's lovely tail.  
  • Using tape, I sectioned off the top and bottom of the nail to leave the middle exposed on my middle finger. I painted the middle red and removed the tape slowly and carefully whilst the polish was still wet. Now we have Winnie the Pooh's belly.
  • I then used an orange on my index finger, just on the two sides of the nail. Once dry I used a black nail art pen to draw some little stripes. To look like Tigger's belly.
  • Using the black nail art pen again, drawing on a little bumble bee & some flying lines. Then leave all to dry for a good amount of time.
  • Lastly finish with a top coat and leave to dry.
Polishes used for the second part. Models Own - Dinky Pinky. Color Club - 42. Barry M - Bright Red. Essie - Orange, It's Obvious. 

Models Own Black Nail Art pen was used for all black parts.


Not the greatest attempt at nail art, but for my first go. Not too shabby. Except for my stripey bumblebee who's stripes molded together for him to become a fly. 
Let me know what you think :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I really love your blog and I wanted to nominate you for the Libester award! I hope you accept this offer and if you are interested the please click on this link and maybe check out my blog in the process?!

    http://thefunnywoman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-libester-award.html

    Thankyou lovely,

    TheFunnyWoman xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete